Hércules Barsotti

São Paulo SP 1914 - 2010

 

Upon invitation by Ferreira Gullar (1930), Hércules became part of the  Rio de Janeiro Neo-concrete group in the 1960s. He created three-dimensional illusions in his canvases by painting, on homogeneous surfaces, bands that narrowed toward the center or borders of the canvas, drawing geometric figures and exploring the color and the possibilities of form.

 

One of the first members of the Brazilian Society of Industrial Design, together with Willys de Castro, he opened the Studio of Graphic Designs. His works had the same structure of graphic design used in posters produced by the print shop.

Rua Caconde 152

01425 – 010 São Paulo SP 

+55 11 3882 7120

galeria@almeidaedale.com.br

Funcionamento:

Seg – Sex: 10h às 19h